My blissful week of vacationing in Hawaii is almost coming to an end, sad to say. I have managed to squeeze in some blogging activities while here thanks to the free internet included in the hotel fees. The Sheraton group of hotels in Honolulu have incorporated a mandatory “resort fee” for certain stays (I believe “tour groups” are excluded, but we had to pay this resort fee as we had the discounted cash and points redemption with the SPG points) ranging from $12 to $20 a night but it includes:
- 60 minutes of international calling
- nightly free parking for one car ($25 value)
- included internet access in rooms (a $14 value)
- unlimited local calls
- included bottled water (1L a day)
Not too bad, in my opinion! We didn’t have to hang out at Starbucks or Macdonalds to leech off the free wifi, after all.
In other news, I think I satisfied the deprived sleep bank quota for a long time. I haven’t slept so much in a year! Very thankful for this opportunity. The Blue Hawaiian that knocked me out (very strong- what can I say, I’m a cheap drunk!) also helped get me into snooze-nap mode. I also got to finally finish reading the Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham and will work on a review post on it. Intelligent Investor in a nutshell- awesome.
Young and Thrifty was mentioned in these round ups- A sincere thanks to you guys!
- Canadian Capitalist’s This and That round up
- Invest it Wisely- Weekend Reading: Fall Edition
- B Simple- Simple Sunday Personal Finance Round Up
- Dividend Monk- Weekend Reading
- Boomer and Echo’s What’s New around the Blogosphere
Here are some of my favourite posts of the week (they’re all Canadian PF bloggers- am I home sick for some Canada?):
- The Passive Income Earner has a great post on the burning question: Which Canadian Bank should you Own?
- Boomer and Echo talks about Canadian Savings Bonds in depth
- My Own Advisor gives us a dividend income update
- SavingMentor tells us how to get 40x the Shoppers Optimum points
- Canadian Finance Blog tells us how to start an internet business from home
- Arjun over at Investing Thesis talks ETF’s
Have yourselves a fantastic weekend, guys!