So with the new federal budget the Canadian government decided that the penny is useless and that the Royal Canadian Mint will stop producing pennies. Hence the “a nickel for your thoughts” edition, because pretty soon, there won’t be any more pennies!
In addition, the federal government plans to cut a lot of public sector jobs and increase the age of OAS payments from 65 to 67. I think there are probably going to be a lot of pissed off seniors out there!
Short rambling for me today but I hope y’all enjoy your weekend! Anything planned? I might watch Hunger Games this weekend- anyone seen it yet? Good or bad?
PF Blog Love (Canuck Edition in light of the Federal Budget)
- Invest it Wisely is celebrating 2 years as a PF blogger and is giving away an iPad 3 (sponsored in part by yours truly! I wonder if I can enter the contest too?)
- Boomer and Echo shares his thoughts on a lifetime plan for managing your money
- A Loonie Bin had a great post on why man can’t invest by yield alone. Except I think he means man and woman (sorry, feminist inside me roaring)
- Sustainable Personal Finance writes about how playing games taught him about personal finance
- Million Dollar Journey shares 10 ways to save money on groceries without having to resort to coupons
- Dividend Ninja had a post by Teacher Man on should you invest in Dividend Stocks or ETFs? (I KNOW its better to invest in ETFs but I can’t help myself with dividend stocks!)
- My Own Advisor explains what it means to pay yourself first
- Canadian Finance Blog shares 6 Ways to save thousands on your next mortgage
- Modest Money talks about starting a side business
- Fabulously Frugirl shares her PF Confession and Teenager jobs (inspired by a post of mine!)