If you read about the blogiversary bonanza giveaway a few posts back, you’ll know that today is cause for celebration! Today officially marks “one year” that youngandthrifty.ca has existed in this internet realm.
I just want to say that I honestly cannot believe that my blog has survived for one year. I remember when I was starting out, I would be excited if 10 people visited my site…in a week. Now there is an average of 350+ people who stumble by my site in a single day! Most importantly, through this blog, I have learned so so so much, about blogging, wordpress, html, coding (er.. maybe), personal finance, friendship, networking, social media etc. etc. the list goes on.
I have learned a lot about personal finance from reading what other PF bloggers have written. I am so grateful to have met so many other PF bloggers out there, all across Canada, into the United States, and even into New Zealand! It’s been great getting to know everyone a little better through twitter, reading, and commenting. It has also been great developing some friendships and dialogue with other PF bloggers (albeit online and not in person ).
Youngandthrifty.ca has come a l-o-n-g way, baby. I remember when I first started, my boyfriend and family would laugh at me as I would excitedly tell them how I had a new comment on my site. They thought I was crazy to start a blog. I even remember how I almost wanted to quit at the six month mark. Now BF doesn’t tease me anymore about my blog. What a milestone! lol!
I am so thankful for you readers and fellow PF bloggers (“shout outs” to my fellow Canadian PF blogger peeps and the Yakezie). Without your comments and encouragement I honestly don’t know if I would have lasted this long. I also highly doubt I would be where I am today. I learn so much from you all and am happy to have this medium (the blog) as a way to share ideas and communicate them to learn from each other in this quaint little online community.
If you want a bit more “juice” about how I got started with blogging, check out my member post on Yakezie.
I hope youngandthrifty.ca has many more years of blogging ahead and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading. I hope that you continue to follow along my personal finance journey.
Thank you to the members of the Yakezie for donating some great prizes for my one year blogiversary. The Yakezie members never cease to amaze me- and the Yakezie is growing!
Thank you for entering the contest and subscribing. There were well over 85 entries for 13 prizes, the largest amount of entries EVER on youngandthrifty.ca. The winners were picked via random.org after all the entries were submitted on November 28.
So, without further delay, the winners of the giveaway according to random.org are…..*drum roll please* :
- $100 Visa Gift Card courtesy of youngandthrifty.ca: Heather (congrats Healther on the big prize!)
- Subscription to Kiplinger’s Personal Finance Magazine courtesy of Couple Money: Money Reasons!
- The Simple Dollar by Trent Hamm courtesy of Budgeting the Fun Stuff: The Amateur Financier
- Your Money: The Missing Manual by J.D. Roth courtesy of Wealth Informatics: Frugal Zeitgeist
- The Elements of Investing by Burton G. Makiel courtesy of Invest It Wisely: Clay
- I Will Teach you to be Rich by Ramit Sethi courtesy of PF Firewall: Sandy @Yes I am Cheap
- “The Skinny On..” series book courtesy of My Journey to Millions: Financially Poor
- How Rich People Think by Steve Siebold courtesy of Mr. Yakezie himself, Financial Samurai: Free From Broke
- $25 via paypal courtesy of Maximizing Money: James
- $10 Gift Certificate to Amazon courtesy of Frugal Zeitgeist: Mike Gogola
- $10 Gift Certificate to Amazon courtesy of Bucksome Boomer: Michael
- $10 Gift Certificate to Amazon courtesy of Squirrelers: DJ Clement
- $10 Gift Certificate to Amazon courtesy of KNS Financial: Invest it Wisely
I have emailed all the generous contributors and the winners of the prizes. Thanks for participating and subscribing and tweeting (and reading)!