Hope everyone’s having a great weekend so far. It’s beautifully sunny here in Vancouver and I can’t wait to get outside to enjoy some of that rare sunshine.
I finally got my act together and signed up for a self-directed RRSP Questrade account. I’m transferring over the BMO investorline RRSP account to Questrade. I found that I was hesitant to rebalance my portfolio in the BMO Investorline account because of the $29 trading commissions. Also, I was getting sick of paying the $100 yearly administration fee (that the guy neglected to tell me about when I signed up a few years back) that they charge if your portfolio is less than $25,000. I’m not even allowed to contribute more than $25,000 in RRSPs because of the pension adjustment I get. I should have done this a long time ago, oh well- hindsight is always 20-20, right?
LOL I might as well change my middle name to Questrade. I now have a non-registered margin account, a TFSA account, and an RRSP account with them. You really can’t beat the $4.95 trades.
And the winner is…
youngandthrifty.ca had a giveaway of the book “Enjoy Your Money; How do Make It, Save It, Invest It, and Give It” by Steve J. Miller. I used random.org and drew the winner of the book giveaway.
And the winner is….Kevin! From Financiallypoor.com. Congrats, Kevin!
Some weekend Links:
- CanadianFinanceBlog examines how frugality can lead to happiness
- DeliverAwayDebt talks about how hiring someone to cut your grass isn’t really worth it (as I hear my neighbours getting their grass mowed)
- FinancialSamurai tries to give some reasons why East Coast living isn’t that bad (sorry, can’t give examples here because I’m a west coast girl!)
- Million Dollar Journey gives some tips on how to attract the best tenants
- The Financial Blogger calculates how you shouldn’t be scared into a fixed mortgage because of media hype
- Couple Money considers whether now is the time to by BP (let’s just say I feel bad for people who were holding BP before this disaster struck! Can you say.. OUCH?)
- MoneySmartsBlog (previously Four Pillars) tells you to Under Promise, Over Deliver
- Money Reasons reveals his Movie Secret Frugal Weapon
- Well Heeled Blog talks about how sushi can be an expensive culinary habit (mmmm me hungry now)