About youngandthrifty’s Groupon Ban:
Hi, my name is youngandthrifty and I suffer from Daily Deal Site Addiction, otherwise known as DDSA. I am here today to share my story…
As everyone knows, these daily deal sites are seriously addictive. These daily deal sites send you updates, your friends sign up and tell you to sign up, you want to sign up, you DO sign up, you print out your coupon… and it sits there. It sits there and stares at you taunting you because you have already paid for it but you haven’t used it yet.
They’re cropping up everywhere because they use the power of impulse buying and peer pressure. You have a short time to complete the transaction. Your friends tell you to get it. You see that 543 other people got the same coupon too.
After much stress from accumulation of printed Groupon’s, TeamBuy, and Indulge Living coupons…
see my wondrous collection below:
- Art Gallery tickets
- a doggy day care coupon
- a restaurant coupon
- a facial Groupon (I have made an appt to use this already)
- a one month yoga pass
I officially decided to unsubscribe myself from Groupon’s daily deals…at least until this backlog of coupon accumulation decreases. I still have Teambuy or Indulge Living sending me daily deals, but somehow their deals don’t seem as tempting as Groupon’s. I will ban myself from signing up or purchasing more daily deal coupons until the above daily deal coupons are used…you heard it here!
Readers, do you find these daily deal sites addictive? Do you just automatically delete to avoid temptation of impulsive buying online like I do? Are you collecting these print-outs too, or are you better at using them than I am?
Here are some links for the weekend. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
PS there is an EXCITING announcement pertaining to a blogiversary (yes, it’s officially been a year since I’ve been blogging) on Monday- so please stay tuned!!
PPS If you haven’t signed up already for the RESP Book Giveaway, do it here because it ends on November 14!
- Financial Samurai asks how do we decide who we accept money from
- Frugal Zeitgeist shares some wacky wedding venues (like a work wedding.. wtf?!)
- Bucksome invites you to her Thanksgiving table (yum!)
- My Journey to Millions celebrates his 29th birthday (happy birthday!)
- Invest it Wisely talks about GOOOOOLLLD baby
- Money Reasons clarifies that he’s not all just about focusing on war on debt
- Squirrelers has a HUGE $400+ Thanksgiving contest (which I am contributing to yay! )
- Little House moved! So exciting
Canadian PF Bloggers Lovage:
- Money Smarts Blog has a fantabulous Online Stock Brokerage Company Comparison
- Million Dollar Journey has yet another super useful post- TFSA or RRSP with a defined government pension
- Boomer and Echo defines some online marketing lingo
- Fabulously Broke analyzes women on TV and the industries they work in
- How to Save Money has a new Canadian Weekly deals post
- Ending the Rat Race is joining the Questrade boat!