Don’t forget to check out our post from yesterday! Great book review with a giveaway!
Well, you may all be wondering what I’m planning to do with all this time now that I’m not blogging as much as I used to?
I’ve got a few things up my sleeve but most of them involve refocusing on myself. In the past year with school starting I’ve been really neglecting my health. After having the time to read the Top 200 Secrets of Success (which I downloaded after a recommendation from another PF blogger and it was sitting on my desktop for two years but hadn’t had the time to read it…), I whittled it down to a few things I plan to do on a regular basis. Some of these “secrets” are a little prescriptive and a bit far fetched (unless you’re retired and living a lifestyle where you don’t have to work all the time).
Here are some of my personal goals:
- On a daily basis, I’m going to start the day and end the day with 10 minutes of meditation and make sure I go to bed at a respectable time (e.g. before midnight).
- I’m also going to practice 30 minutes of yoga (hey, I need to start somewhere after one year of sedentary, gluttonous lifestyle) three times a week. I’m going to pencil it in my calendar and start off doing this via a DVD. If I’m unsuccessful after one month, I may have to resort to going to designated yoga classes in order to stimulate discipline (but I hope not to have to do this since I hate paying money for gyms or memberships).
- I’m also going to plan my weeks better and do better time management. I splurged $10 and bought a handy organizational tool to help me stay focused on the tasks I need to accomplish that week
- I’m going to focus on eating better, spend more time with my boyfriend, friends, and family, and of course my cute dog.
Of course I’ll keep you guys in the loop so you can help keep me accountable with my new non-financial goals 😉
- The Best Approach to Long-Term Savings (Non-Retirement): Building Your Nest Egg
- 10 Tips For Saving Money While You Travel
- How Much Could a DUI Cost You? [Infographic]
- New Graduate – Tips For The Job Hunt
- 7 Best Cars for College Students
- How Meal Planning Can Save You Money
- 50 Life Pleasures that Make Money Seem Insignificant
- 8 Ways to Save Money on Entertainment for College Students
- Think Differently To Save Money While In College
- The Wages of Comparison Shopping