This week has been a “lowered expectations” week. If you’ve been following me on twitter, I was SOOOOO excited (to the power of 10,000) that we might have found a tenant for our basement suite. There hasn’t been much inquiry into our suite probably because school has started already and everyone is happily living in their places they found in August (no, I’m not bitter at all). Well, two nice students, one of which who worked full time, came by and said they wanted our place. I emailed her back that night, asking for a credit check etc.
No response the next day.
No one picked up.
I called for the next night and someone picked up, and when they heard my voice, they hung up! B*TCH!!! I almost felt like calling her back and leaving a message. A very angry message, reaming her out for being an irresponsible, inconsiderate, juvenile youth (have I become that old now, that in my late twenties, I get pissed at young 19 year olds?).
So now we’re back to square one and the excitement has turned into lowered expectations. I’m sure we’ll find someone soon though, I’ll try and channel some positive thinking vibes in the meantime.
Not sure what their issue was, they seemed so interested and liked our place so much… perhaps it was because I wanted a credit check? Or maybe because I come off as Type A? LOL…
Readers, got any tips for this first time landlord-ess wannabe?
100 Air Miles Winner!
There were a total of 23 entries (I guess 100 Air Miles doesn’t float everyone’s boat? It floats mine!) and the winner of the 100 Air Miles goes toooooo (it was drawn by random.org and the 13th entry was…)
West Coast Soul! I’ll be sending you an email for our Air Miles number and I’ll pass the number along to the powers that be (and can give you your 100 Air Miles to your account)
PF Blog Love:
- Retire by 40 ponders whether lifestyle inflation is unavoidable (and I think it is unavoidable *sigh*)
- The economic situation isn’t very good again, so Prairie Eco Thrifter gives us a post on 10 Things to Do When you Lose your Job (hopefully that doesn’t happen, but still good to be aware of it)
- Dividend Ninja and a few other dividend bloggers (by the way, IMHO dividend bloggers are the TRUE PF bloggers lol) are getting together to do a stock picking contest for their dividend growth index. Check it out! (I like his picks, thinking of buying some HSE myself)
- Boomer and Echo shares his bottom line rules of thumb for money. His favourite (and my favourite) is that no one cares about money more than you do!
- Mark from My Own Advisor also shares his stock picks for the dividend growth index
- Evan from My Journey to Millions defines what a No Medical Exam insurance entails (hmm risk?)
- My University Money gives us eight tips for filling out a scholarship application
- Little House in the Valley has a cute post on what dinosaurs and debit cards have in common (other than both starting with the letter ‘D’)
- How to Save Money in Canada shares why you should never EVER get mortgage life insurance (um.. oops… though we’d have to pay a premium if we got term insurance since BF STARTED SMOKING AGAIN $#)@*$)#* FML)
- Financial Samurai picked a tenant and gives us advice on the risk of being overqualified (yes, he rejected the $450K salaried software engineer!)