Very few things in life are free (except smiles at McDonalds, of course) so we should pounce on those that are. As you know, I’m part of the Yakezie network and the next phase of the Yakezie is happening. The next phase is where the Yakezie gives money away in the form of scholarships. So if you know of any high school or elementary school aged children who you think would benefit from $500, please let them know! All they have to do is submit an essay– how easy is that?
Of course, with that newly awarded $500, the high schooler or elementary school kid you know will sock that money away and invest it… right? 😉
Also, not sure if I mentioned it last week, but Squirrelers (another Yakezie member) is hosting a Thanksgiving giveaway. You can enter here. It closes American Thanksgiving Day (that’s the 25th, for all you Canucks).
In case you missed it on twitter, the winner of the RESP Book Giveaway was announced as a tweet on Monday. The winner was drawn by a random number generated between 1-35 through random.org. The number was 13 and the lucky entry was schultzter! Congratulations and hope this is useful for your RESPs! Thanks again to Money Smarts Blog for generously giving away a copy of his fantastically written book.
I hope you got a chance to enter my blogiversary giveaway. In case you haven’t, all you have to do is subscribe and you’ve got an entry for $100 and other wonderful gift certificates and prizes courtesy of generous Yakezie members.
PF Blog Love:
- Evan from My Journey to Millions talks about the three basic financial terms he would tell his 19 year old self
- Money Reasons analyzes the four common styles of lifestyle spending
- Little House in the Valley rants about the lemming effect on defaulting
- Barbara Friedberg gives some quick tips on how to keep your finances organized
- Wealth Informatics has some great Black Friday tips and tricks (I remember one year I was at Macy’s in NYC for Black Friday- it was MADNESS absolute MADNESS! I waited in line for 2 hours to try a pair of jean capris on and then ended up buying them because I waited for 2 hours lol)
- Invest it Wisely has another insightful posts about challenging your thoughts and beliefs
- Fabulously Broke wonders if ranting might be different coming from a man or a woman….
- Daniel Packer reveals how to use personal finance to make friends (and possibly get girls too!)
- How to Save Money.ca debates whether you are really saving money if you are buying things on sale
- Million Dollar Journey has a guest post from Lily about how much a year of happiness will cost you
- Simple Financial Lifestyle tells us how a simple ‘no’ can simplify your finances
Have a fantastic weekend, guys! Don’t forget to enter all those great contests!