My good PF blogging friend Boomer and Echo (who heard of the idea from Mark Goodfield, from The Blunt Bean Counter) asked if I would be interested in participating in Bloggers for Charity benefiting the United Way. What a brilliant idea! Needless to say, I jumped at the chance and I hope you will too!
Bloggers for Charity
Many Canadian bloggers are auctioning off the opportunity to guest post on their blogs (yes, even the big wig PF blogs like Canadian Capitalist, Canadian Finance Blog, and Retire Happy Blog) with a donation to charity of the winning poster’s choice. The guest post will air on January 17, 2012.
Any Canadian blogger is welcome to join in (the project is not limited to financial bloggers) but they’ll need to encourage their fellow blogger friends to join the Bloggers for Charity initiative 😉
Here are the contest rules:
1. We are auctioning off the opportunity to write a guest post on this blog.
2. All bids are made in confidence to young- at- youngandthrifty- dot- ca
3. The auction will close on December 16th, 2011 and the winning bidder will be contacted by email.
4. The winning bidder will be required to send us a copy of a donation receipt between December 17th and December 31st (personal information can be blacked-out) to confirm the donation has been made. (This donation will be tax deductible to the winning bidder as long as the donation is made to a registered charity).
5. All of the Bloggers for Charity guest posts will be published on January 17th, 2012.
6. The winner is welcome to write about any topic, though it would be great if the post is about a charity or charitable experience, but that is not mandatory. The guest post cannot be a marketing piece, but the author can provide a brief bio that will be used in the introduction. Alternatively, the author can remain anonymous.
7. All bloggers who participate are asked to email Lynda at Lynda at cunninghamca dot com to note their participation and then contact Lynda with their winning bid so that Mark can tally the donations received. All individual donation totals will be kept confidential.
The winning charity will thank you! A chance to donate (and get your tax deduction before year’s end of course) AND be featured on my blog in January (haha that’s a win win situation if you ask me!!).
PF Blog Love
- Krystal over at Give Me Back My Five Bucks has a $500 giveaway, sponsored by Life Insurance Finder, the life insurance experts where you could win $500 towards your financial bucket list. My financial bucket list is to make my emergency fund to >$5000, increase my networth to >$150,000 by June 2012, and ensure I have enough money for my tuition haha!
- Mark at My Own Advisor reviews the MBNA Smart Cash credit card (Sounds like I’m not really being smart for not opting for this cashback credit card, but I just find travel cards so much more fun!)
- Miss T at Prairie Eco-Thrifter gives some tips on how to save water at home
- Avrom at the Dividend Ninja explains all about the balance sheet
- My University Money looks at the Rate My Prof website (I remember using that back in my undergraduate days!)
- Punch Debt in the Face wants to punch hipsters in the face. LOL. Vancouver is full of hipsters! Does that mean he wants to punch Vancouver in the face? 😉
- Retire by 40 sounds like he is going to be having a great Thanksgiving and he even thanked lil’ ol’ me! I admit, I was a bit tearful. Then again, I do cry at the drop of a hat
- Sunny, The Dividend Girl, is not one bit phased by the recent market downturn and she takes this opportunity to slap the TSX in the face.
- Invest it Wisely has a post on the Yakezie about outsourcing the tedious parts of blogging (which is a great idea!)
- Financial Samurai shares his shopping list for Black Friday (socks, socks, baby)
- Sustainable Personal Finance tops the giveaways by giving away the equivalent of $1200 !!!!!