Can’t believe it’s Sunday already- the weekend sure is going by fast!
Since the weather has been so great here lately, I was able to walk my dog to the dog park yesterday instead of taking the car as I would usually do. It took about 45 minutes to walk there, and another 45 minutes to walk back. It was so nice walking through the quaint little neighbourhoods on the first day of spring. When driving or cycling, you really have a different perspective on what you see compared to walking. The walk really made me realize that I want to stay here in Vancouver even though it’s so unaffordable.
Yesterday, Mr. youngandthrifty and I had our Valentine’s dinner in lieu (yes, coming a month late!) because we were really busy with trying to partake in all the Vancouver 2010 Olympic festivities. We went to a fancy steakhouse (I know, I know, not very thrifty) and the dinner total came up to $150 (including tip). I think that is probably the most expensive dinner that mr. youngandthrifty and I have ever had. We probably go out for a nice dinner (meaning more than $60 for the total bill) about three times a year, so it was quite the treat. Usually we don’t order any drinks but we splurged last night AND even ordered an appetizer! Yes, we are usually quite thrifty!
Just a little contest I wanted to share with y’all.
Elle at CoupleMoney is celebrating her half-year blogiversary (6 months) by giving away a netbook INCLUDING the netbook kit! The netbook is damnnn sexy and sleek.
Asus 10.1 Netbook – Crystal Black
- Windows 7 Starter
- Processor Type: Intel Atom
- Hard Drive Capacity: 250 GB
- Black neoprene bag with pockets for flash drives and small accessories
- Optical mini mouse with USB interface
- Self-powered USB hub distributes power equally among four ports
All you have to do to gather up more entries is to tweet, comment, subscribe, announce on facebook, AND if you have a blog, mention the contest. The details are here. Good luck!
Some Link Lovin’
Here are some excerpts from a select few Yakezie blogs this week:
- Financial Samurai talks about not being all things to all people.
- Money Funk is going to be traveling to Maui with her tweens and gives some tips on this feat =)
- Planting Dollars has a super interesting post asking if you think you are your profession
- My Journey to Millions featured a guest post by FrugalZeitgeist about learning about sustainable living through Egypt’s impoverished.
- Girl with the Red Balloon just got engaged! (congrats!) and writes about her fitness goals for the big day
- Ending the Rat Race talks about my mutual disdain for MER’s
- Money Reasons gives some valuable tips on how to increase your savings delta
Enjoy these great threads and the rest of your weekend folks!
Just wanted to get your input- how often do you go out for fancy dinners? Would you spend $75 per person on food? What is your $ limit on how much you would spend on food?