As you probably noticed, this blog has gotten a huge facelift. It’s brighter, less saggy, and more professional looking. I was getting sick of looking at the old theme, and there were so many issues with it (like not being able to see threaded comments or have threaded comments), the code on the pages became visible after I upgraded the wordpress editions, and the sidebars were too narrow and things often got cut off. It was just frustrating, sometimes I would spend HOURS (and days) trying to fix something and studying the CSS or whatnot to try and adjust things a bit. Now I learned my lesson and I won’t touch anything lol or else it might screw up the theme/ appearance of the blog.
It was about time I invested in this blog, and I’m loving the design and the look of it so far. It was great working with The Dividend Ninja who was basically the mastermind behind this entire design. He even got me to give up the old yellow-green apples on my header and replaced them with juicier, less stale looking apples. 😉 It was great to be able to meet up with him and describe what I wanted to see.
So my dear readers, thanks for putting up with the wonkiness of my website the past few weeks (the right sidebar completely disappeared one day- it was good timing because I was already starting to work on the new site with The Dividend Ninja!).
What do you think of the new look?
PF Blog Love
This week’s link love has a lot of girl power! (With the exception of the boys, TDN, PIE, and RB40, of course). Have a great weekend!
- Gotta give a shoutout to the designer of this new facelift 😉 The Dividend Ninja lists part 2 of the 2012 Canadian Stock Picks
- The Passive Income Earner updates us with his first 2012 dividend income update. His goal is to get $7000 income in dividend stocks for 2012.
- Also gotta give a shoutout to Give Me Back My Five Bucks who will be leaving for Germany very soon!
- Retire By 40 asks if you are falling down the frugality rabbit hole. Is minimalism the new black?
- Thirty Six Months shares some great tips on how to use tools to help you pay your bills online and save money
- Yes I am Cheap also got a facelift and looks almost as good as me 😉 (just kidding Sandy!) She’s also celebrating her 3 year blogiversary!
- Aloysa from the Broken Coin gives us a few things you really should be cheap about
- Prairie Eco Thrifter shares the Top 20 Foods that increase your brain power. I think I’ll need all 20, please.
- Little House explains why she’s not stepping on the gas pedal to buy a home yet
- Lindy Mint has a great guest post on how you can work from home.. and make money!
Have a great weekend guys!