I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but we clean up pretty nice around here.
We were busy guys over the summer and now we think it’s time to celebrate by showing off our new duds and rewarding our loyal readers for their support.
This isn’t some fake, internet hoax type of thing – not some trick. We are absolutely giving away $3,000 worth of cool stuff and all we ask in return for some contest entries is that you tell us what you think about the new look of Young and Thrifty and check out our new eBook: Getting Your Foot In the Door – Buying a Home In Canada. If you want to share the news about our contest, as well as what you think of our new look and/or FREE eBook, we’ll reward that as well.
What You Can WIN
We asked for a bunch of favours from some of the folks and companies that we rub shoulders with from around Canada and they responded in style. Tell them what they’re playing for Johnny:
1) From Robb Engen over at Boomer and Echo we have a shiny new financial planning session. Robb will spend some time with you on the phone and analyze your current financial situation before developing some short- and long-term goals, and then putting it all together in a concrete financial plan. (Prize value: $500)
2) The brilliant team led by Peter Hodson over at 5i research are giving away 5x annual subscriptions where you will find “Investment Research for Regular People”. (Prize value: $149.99 each)
3) The good folks over at Wealthsimple are going to hook you up with an account that already has a fat stack of $500 waiting in it for you to invest with their index-oriented investment plans. Grow your nest egg without complexity at Wealthsimple.
4) A Brand New Car!
JK… we’re cool, but not that cool.
4) If you’ve always wanted a high-end vacuum but never wanted to splurge for one, we’ve got you covered. Dyson and Wal-Mart decided that Young and Thrifty-ites might appreciate a Dyson DC33 Original (exclusive to Wal-Mart) and are letting us give one away in exchange for a full review of the product you can check out next week. Seriously, on what other site are they giving away luxury vacuum cleaners? Are we your friendly neighborhood personal finance guys or what? (Prize value: $398.88)
5) We want you to check out our new site and FREE eBook in style, so we’re giving away a Kindle Fire and a personal finance book of your choice! (Prize value $150)
6) Our buddies over at Borrowell are making it rain with a crisp $100 in cold, hard, cash. Borrowell makes prime lending fast, fair and friendly.
7) Canadian MoneySaver – the Canadian personal finance magazine that has been bringing you the straight goods for 35 years – is throwing in 5x yearly digital subscriptions. BTW – guess who just became a contributing editor over there ? (Prize value $19.99 each)
8) Enjoy a nice night out at Earl’s Kitchen and Bar courtesy of the dynamic young design team that created our new website over at Top Shelf Web Solutions. Let us know if you want them to give your business a new digital storefront.
9) I’m quickly turning into one of those annoying “newly-converted” types that won’t shut up about the light they’ve just found. In my case, that “light” is the newfound experience of using my grandpa’s shaving kit. Well, not exactly the literal one my grandfather owned, but a safety blade razor just like the one he used. Keep your eyes open for a tell-all post in the upcoming weeks about how my eyes have been opened by the beauty of badger bristles and blades that shave like a BOSS. I want to share my new passion and help someone else step out of the darkness of expensive 17-bladed cartridge razors. One lucky reader will walk away with everything they need to transform their shaving experience and save money every morning going forward. (Prize value: $100)
New Books for Everyone!
You get a book, and you get a book, EVERYONE gets books! We have to thank all of our fellow authors for helping us give away:
Fight Back: 81 Ways to Help You Save Money and Protect Yourself From Corporate Trickery by Ellen Roseman
One copy of Fight Back: 81 Ways to Help You Save Money and Protect Yourself From Corporate Trickery by Ellen Roseman
More Money For Beer and Textbooks
Five copies of the only personal finance book to put a beer on the cover: More Money for Beer and Textbooks – A Financial Guide for Today’s Canadian Student by your favorite personal finance authors
How To Enter
We’re using a service called Rafflecopter to help us coordinate such a massive giveaway. Here’s how it works:
There are five ways to enter the contest, and you can receive a maximum of 18 entries.
The first, and only mandatory, way to enter is by answering a question: “What personal finance topics do you want to read more about on Young & Thrifty?” Nice and simple, right? Answer the question in the Rafflecopter widget and receive one entry into the contest.
The second way to enter is by signing up to instantly download our brand-new completely free eBook: Getting Your Foot In the Door – Buying a Home In Canada. While not mandatory, completing this option will give you an additional five entries into the contest. Please ignore the wording that says “sign up for our mailing list”. This is simply the stock phrase that Rafflecopter uses. You will get an email from us ASAP that allows you to confirm your email address is legitimate and then you will get your hands on your Free eBook.
The third and fourth options are simple: visit us on Facebook to get one additional entry, and follow us on Twitter for one additional entry.
Finally, we’ve enabled a “Bring Your Friends!” entry option that will allow you to share the contest with your friends. For each friend that enters the giveaway through your unique URL, you will receive one entry into the giveaway. Each entrant can refer up to 10 people for the giveaway. It doesn’t matter whether your friends sign up following a link from Twitter, Facebook, or just a basic email – it all counts as an entry.
The contest will run from today until November 25 and the winners will be drawn and notified during that week and announced on November 29th.
Good luck! If you want to let us know what you think of the new site design and eBook we would really appreciate it 🙂
Kyle & Justin