Growing your money doesn’t have to be complicated
When most people think of investing they think of guys who wear nice suits, make millions of dollars and stare at boring/complicated graphs on computer screens all day. Or perhaps, if you’re a young adult, you might associate investing with stock market crashes and the panic that they cause – that’s what the media prefers to report on, after all.
At best, most Canadians see “investing” as something they talk about with their “bank person” once or twice a year (usually during “RRSP season”) and as a sort of arcane magic/black box that they could never hope to understand. Be different, and learn to invest using our quick and easy investment guide.
The truth is that investing for most people should be very very simple, especially if you take what is called “passive investing” or “couch potato investing” approach.
You can browse through more than 250 well-researched articles readily available for you on YoungAndThrifty.ca.
- Complete Guide to Canada’s Robo Advisors
- Best Online Brokerages
- Top 7 ETFs in Canada
Popular Product Reviews:
- Questrade Review (Brokerage)
- Wealthsimple Review (Robo Advisor)
- Tangerine Bank Review (Bank)
Minimizing Your Investment Fees as a Canadian
Canadians pay the highest fees to financial advisors in the world through hidden mutual fund costs. By learning a few small pieces of terminology, and reading a few articles on the tools that we use, anyone can become a DIY investor and learn to control their own financial fate, instead of leaving it in the hands of people who might not have their best interests at heart.
All people need to succeed as an investor is basic grade nine math (honestly, most of it is just basic ratios and percentages, it’s no more complicated than understanding hockey players plus/minus numbers or a goalie’s save percentage) and a willingness to ask questions when we don’t know something. For some reason talking about money and investments is taboo, and very few teachers have any idea about this stuff, so we’re never really exposed to any natural learning opportunities. This information imbalance is massively exploited to the tune of hundreds of billion dollars every year in Canada.
Don’t be that person that is afraid to ask a question for fear of looking dumb! Let us help you Keep It Simple and Stellar (KISS). View our comprehensive Investing Guide Below (the best articles are highlighted for your convenience):
- The Basics – Couch Potato Investing
- How to start investing: The Easy-Peasy Way
- ETF Investing – The Basics
- What is an ETF
- Vanguard’s New ETFs Challenge Canada’s Robo Advisors
- ETF’s For The Common Investor
- Best ETFs for Young Canadian Investors
- Canadian ETF’s VS USA ETF’s
- The Ultimate 5-Step Guide to Maximizing Your Index ETF Returns
- Vanguard Canada ETFs vs TD E-Series Mutual Funds
- VTI and VXUS (Vangauad)
- Why Should You Stick to Index Investing
- How to sell high and buy low all the time
- Index Investing and ETF’s
- Index Investment – It Works!
- The Magic of Compound Interest
- What are RRSPs, TFSAs, and RESPs (Separate Section)
- Investing in Yourself
- Empowering Millennials to Tackle Self-Directed Investing
- Is it Possible to Avoid Difficult Financial Lessons When it Comes to Investing?
- Risk Taking in Investments
- What are preferred shares?
- The pros and cons of Limit Orders
- Stop-Limit orders
- Do woman make better investors than men?
- Growth VS monthly income
- Buy what you know
- Save or Invest for short-term goals?
- Dividend Investing
- Robo Advisors: The New Way to Invest
- Wealthsimple Review (Top Rated)
- NestWealth Review
- Wealthsimple Black and The Wealthsimple High Interest Savings Account
- BMO SmartFolio Review
- RBC InvestEase Review
- JustWealth Review
- Modern Advisor Review
- Invisor Review
- WealthBar Review
- IQ Trade by Questrade Review
- Invesco Robo Advisor Review: AdvisorDUO
- Steadyhand and Mawer vs Robo Advisors
- TD E-Series vs Robo Advisors
- Tangerine Investment Funds vs Robo Advisors
- Automated Wealth Management: Not Just Cheaper, But Better Performing
- Responsive Robo Advisor Review
- Robo Advisors Have a Fudiciary Duty – Can Your Advisor Say the Same?
- Online Stock Brokers:
- Best Canadian Banks
- How to Get TD E-Series Funds in Your TFSA or RRSP
- Canadian Flow Through Shares Explained
- Warnings and Heads Ups:
- Is the Smith Manoeuvre Too Risky?
- 5 Reasons Not to Invest In Penny Stocks
- Why It Is Impossible To Predict Interest Rates
- Mutual Fund Managers = Minor League
- Misinformation on Mutual Funds
- The irrationality of investing
- Why you don’t need gold in your investment portfolio
- Corporate Class Funds
- How Much Will I Need to Save for Retirement?
- Financial Advice
- How often should I be re-balancing my investment portfolio?
- Why renting a house in your 20’s is a good choice for the future
- Taking a Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
- The danger of Forex Trading
- Questrade vs Virtual Brokers
- BMO Smartfolio
- Mortgage Broker or Big Bank
- The latest on high-interest savings accounts