I’ve sported around the CIBC Aerogold Visa Infinite for a few months (really just less than 2 months I believe) and have been pretty happy so far. I got this Visa primarily because the first year is free (I have this terrible rule where I refuse to pay for a credit card, though Amex got me this year because I forgot to cancel it and got charged $60) and because I had the potential to earn 20,000 Aeroplan points.
- $120 per year (free for the first year)
- 15,000 Aeroplan points on the first purchase
- 5000 extra Aeroplan points once you spend $500 in three months (that is ridiculously easy to do, sometimes I spend that in 1 week haha).
- 1 Aeroplan points for $1
- 1.5 Aeroplan points at gas stations, grocery stores, and drug stores
- When traveling with Air Canada you get priority boarding and priority baggage
- Free first checked bag when traveling with Air Canada
- Trip Interruption Insurance
- Delayed Baggage and Lost Baggage insurance (only if you book your flight on your card, of course)
Here’s my review:
Personally I was a little hesitant to sign up for this card just because it is so ubiquitous and I like being a bit unconventional. A lot of cashiers used to comment on my SPG MBNA Mastercard because it was so pretty (that brilliant blue is so pretty), and a lot of people still comment on my MBNA World Points World Mastercard because they have never seen it before even though it is plain and not very attractive or sleek lookingContinue Reading