Haha, I think I spoke too soon about the net worth inertia! It went back to growing by 0.09%. I guess that’s better than being $300 in the hole.
I had been checking my questrade accounts throughout the month and was getting ahead of myself, because I was like up $2000 at least compared to the last net worth update. Then the markets settled again unfortunately and I didn’t really gain much or lose much compared to last month in my portfolio.
I haven’t done any of my holiday shopping yet so this is probably why it looks somewhat decent still. I plan to tackle it after this weekend.
Okay, so here’s the breakdown for December 2013:
CASH: $58150 (-5.6%)
- Down a bit this month because of the movement of money to the RRSP’s again
- I added up my chequing and savings accounts (High Interest Savings Account). I automatically deduct money from my chequing account and have it siphoned to the HISA account (paying yourself first)
- I have $4800 saved up for my big trip that I hope to do next year.
Non-Registered: $102325 (+0.26%)
- I think I have been paid out some dividends (weee!) but haven’t had time to actually see which ones they are
- These are stocks that capture the “moment in time”, including unrealized gains or losses in my BMO Investorline and Questrade accounts.