Is the American Express AeroplanPlus Gold Card really one of the best rewards credit cards? Read our AMEX Aeroplanplus Gold review before signing up.
If you are ready to EARN MORE, SAVE BETTER, and LIVE FREE, then you’re in the right spot!
Young and Thrifty has been named the Best Personal Finance Blog in Canada by our peers and we pride ourselves on breaking down confusing jargon into fun, bite-sized chunks. Young and Thrifty posts are basically what should have learned in high school – but didn’t! We have everything from tips on budgeting, to online banking hacks, discount brokerage reviews, and the Ultimate Guide to Canada’s Robo Advisors.
- PocketSmith Review – Smart Budgeting and Personal Finance Software PocketSmith is a simple and convenient personal finance app. Read our PocketSmith review and get our promo code for 50% off a monthly Premium subscription for the first two months.
- Wealthsimple Trade vs. Questrade Can Wealthsimple Trade dethrone Questrade? Find out in this Wealthsimple Trade vs Questrade comparison.
- Paymi Review: Shop and Collect Cash Back Rewards Paymi is a free app offering cash back rewards on your everyday purchases at popular partner retailers. Read our in-depth Paymi review to find out how it stacks up with other apps.
- Air Miles Points Guide
- 8 Financial Resolutions for the New Year
- Why You Should Start Investing Early
- Tangerine World Mastercard® Credit Card Review
- How to Get the Best Boxing Day Deals in Canada
1Why I Cancelled Mint.com
Here is a story about why I cancelled my account with Mint.com
2Buying A House in Canada: A Guide to Buying Your First Home
Buying your first home can be a bit daunting and you may not be sure of where to start. Read our step-by-step guide about buying a house in Canada, so you can close with confidence.
3Best Personal Loan Interest Rates in Canada
Learn how easy it is to apply for personal loans in Canada, whether private loans can be a good source of fast cash, and which lenders are the best in Canada. We also break down the best personal loan interest rates in Canada and discuss secured vs. unsecured personal loans in Canada.
4A Guide to Retirement Planning in Canada
Stressed about how to save money for retiring in Canada? We've got it covered with our retirement planning tips, which includes how much to save for retirement, when to start saving, and how to save money.
5How to Start Investing in Canada
New to the world of online investing? How to choose which robo-advisor or online brokerage to use? Here’s how to start investing online in Canada. Get started with online investing even if you don’t have much money to invest.
Depth and Reach of Content
We have painstakingly created 1,000+ on all aspects of Canadian personal finance. Rather than rest on our laurels, we challenge ourselves to produce stay on top of new developments in Canada’s financial world from mortgage rates, to insurance policies, tax savings through new deductions, and investing strategies.
Our authors will always be 100% Canadian with particular expertise in areas such as TFSAs, RESPs, RRSPs, and the Canadian housing market. As well as in specific Canadian companies such as market leaders Questrade, Tangerine, and Wealthsimple.
Real, Actionable Advice
We focus on providing readers with actionable steps. Rather than simply writing “try a robo advisor”, we’ll instead provide full-product reviews on top robo advisors such as Wealthsimple, Nest Wealth, Justwealth, and ModernAdvisor. We also reveal the exact financial products that we use in areas such as online banking, discount brokerages, credit cards, and mortgage comparisons.
American Express changed their SPG Credit Card in Canada. We look at the new Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card Review.
Wondering how to get the most out of Aeroplan Rewards program? If you’re an Aeroplan Miles collector, find out everything you need to know in this guide to Aeroplan points.
Are you looking for an AIR MILES credit card but you don’t know which one to choose? In this guide, we’re comparing the best AIR MILES credit cards to help you decide which one is the best fit for you. From the welcome bonus to earn rates, we’ve got you covered.
We’ve rounded up the Best Credit Card Offers in Canada to help you determine which are currently the best credit card promotions with the Best Sign-up Bonuses in Canada.
- How To Create Your Own Financial Plan in 7 Steps Seize the opportunity to learn how to make your own financial plan. Get what you want out of life, whether it’s early retirement or your dream home.