With COVID-19, you may want to modify your credit card points strategy to get save on rewards travel. Learn how to maximize credit card rewards.
If you are ready to EARN MORE, SAVE BETTER, and LIVE FREE, then you’re in the right spot!
Young and Thrifty has been named the Best Personal Finance Blog in Canada by our peers and we pride ourselves on breaking down confusing jargon into fun, bite-sized chunks. Young and Thrifty posts are basically what should have learned in high school – but didn’t! We have everything from tips on budgeting, to online banking hacks, discount brokerage reviews, and the Ultimate Guide to Canada’s Robo Advisors.
- What If I Can’t Pay My Taxes in Canada? What If I can't pay my taxes in Canada? It has been a tough year for many, but here's what you need to do if you can't pay taxes on time.
- How to Make Money on TikTok TikTok is changing the world -- including how people are making money. If you've ever wondered how to make money on Tik Tok, read our expert's tips.
- 8 Financial Resolutions for the New Year Thinking about financial resolutions for the New Year? These New Year's resolution financial goals will help you take control of your money no matter where you are in your financial journey.
- Best 7 Ways to Invest as a Student
- Cryptocurrency Trading – Complete Guide on How to Trade Crypto
- What is the Gig Economy in Canada?
- Ask the Expert: Should I Transfer My Company Pension?
- How to Get a Mortgage with Bad Credit in Canada
1Why I Cancelled Mint.com
Why I cancelled my account with Mint.com, and what I did instead.
2Buying A House in Canada: A Guide to Buying Your First Home
Buying your first home can be a bit daunting and you may not be sure of where to start. Read our step-by-step guide about buying a house in Canada, so you can close with confidence.
3Best Personal Loan Interest Rates in Canada
Learn how easy it is to apply for personal loans in Canada, whether private loans can be a good source of fast cash, and which lenders are the best in Canada. We also break down the best personal loan interest rates in Canada and discuss secured vs. unsecured personal loans in Canada.
4A Guide to Retirement Planning in Canada
Stressed about how to save money for retiring in Canada? We've got it covered with our retirement planning tips, which includes how much to save for retirement, when to start saving, and how to save money.
5How to Start Investing in Canada
New to the world of online investing? How to choose which robo-advisor or online brokerage to use? Here’s how to start investing online in Canada. Get started with online investing even if you don’t have much money to invest.
Depth and Reach of Content
We have painstakingly created 1,000+ on all aspects of Canadian personal finance. Rather than rest on our laurels, we challenge ourselves to produce stay on top of new developments in Canada’s financial world from mortgage rates, to insurance policies, tax savings through new deductions, and investing strategies.
Our authors will always be 100% Canadian with particular expertise in areas such as TFSAs, RESPs, RRSPs, and the Canadian housing market. As well as in specific Canadian companies such as market leaders Questrade, Tangerine, and Wealthsimple.
Real, Actionable Advice
We focus on providing readers with actionable steps. Rather than simply writing “try a robo advisor”, we’ll instead provide full-product reviews on top robo advisors such as Wealthsimple, Nest Wealth, Justwealth, and ModernAdvisor. We also reveal the exact financial products that we use in areas such as online banking, discount brokerages, credit cards, and mortgage comparisons.
Find out how to get the most out of every dollar you spend on grocery purchases with the credit card that serves your needs.
An expert looks at why balance transfer credit cards are on the decline and what the alternatives are for dealing with high interest debt.
Our expert compares the rewards and benefits of the American Express Cobalt™ Card and BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Card and advises on how to choose.
The BMO eclipse Visa Infinite Card is an excellent rewards credit card. Read our BMO eclipse Visa Infinite Card review for all the details.
- How to Get the Best Boxing Day Deals in Canada Looking for Boxing Day best deals of the year? Read on for our top tips on how to get the best Boxing Day sales.