The Plastk Secured Credit Card is an excellent tool for building up your credit score. Read our Plastk Secured Credit Card review for the details.
If you are ready to EARN MORE, SAVE BETTER, and LIVE FREE, then you’re in the right spot!
Young and Thrifty has been named the Best Personal Finance Blog in Canada by our peers and we pride ourselves on breaking down confusing jargon into fun, bite-sized chunks. Young and Thrifty posts are basically what should have learned in high school – but didn’t! We have everything from tips on budgeting, to online banking hacks, discount brokerage reviews, and the Ultimate Guide to Canada’s Robo Advisors.
- The Best Tenant Insurance Companies in Canada Compare the best tenant insurance companies in Canada to find the right coverage and plan for your possesions and rented property.
- My Uncle Died Without a Will – And It Was a Nightmare When a relative dies without a will, families are left to blindly sort out the details of settling the estate. Be kind to your loved ones. Create a will!
- Simple Steps for How to Sell Bitcoin in Canada Read our step-by-step guide to selling your Bitcoin in Canada and learn how to maximize your CAD when it comes time to cash out.
- Things You Should Do to Get Approved For a Mortgage
- Have you ever wondered what happens to social media accounts after death?
- Tenant Insurance and Why You Need It
- Oaken Financial Review
- How to Transfer Your TFSA or RRSP to Questrade
1Wealthsimple Trade vs. Questrade
Can Wealthsimple Trade dethrone Questrade as Canada's king of low-cost, self-directed trading accounts? Find out in this Wealthsimple Trade vs. Questrade comparison.
2The Best Investment Apps for Canadians 2021
Our top picks for investment apps in Canada cover everything from best apps for trading to best apps to forecast your financial future.
3Best Personal Loan Interest Rates in Canada
Learn how easy it is to apply for personal loans in Canada, whether private loans can be a good source of fast cash, and which lenders are the best in Canada. We also break down the best personal loan interest rates in Canada and discuss secured vs. unsecured personal loans in Canada.
4Comprehensive Guide on How to Buy Stocks in Canada
Wondering how to buy stocks in Canada, but not sure how to get started? If you're new to investing in stocks, check out our guide on how to get started buying stocks in Canada, as well as get our promo codes for Questrade and Wealthsimple.
5How to Start Investing in Canada
New to the world of online investing? Now sure how to choose which robo-advisor or online brokerage to use? Here’s how to start investing online in Canada. Get started with online investing even if you don’t have much money to invest.
Depth and Reach of Content
We have painstakingly created 1,000+ on all aspects of Canadian personal finance. Rather than rest on our laurels, we challenge ourselves to produce stay on top of new developments in Canada’s financial world from mortgage rates, to insurance policies, tax savings through new deductions, and investing strategies.
Our authors will always be 100% Canadian with particular expertise in areas such as TFSAs, RESPs, RRSPs, and the Canadian housing market. As well as in specific Canadian companies such as market leaders Questrade, Tangerine, and Wealthsimple.
Real, Actionable Advice
We focus on providing readers with actionable steps. Rather than simply writing “try a robo advisor”, we’ll instead provide full-product reviews on top robo advisors such as Wealthsimple, Nest Wealth, Justwealth, and ModernAdvisor. We also reveal the exact financial products that we use in areas such as online banking, discount brokerages, credit cards, and mortgage comparisons.
Learn how to collect and redeem American Express Membership Rewards with this comprehensive guide to the popular program.
From rewards to student credit cards, our expert reviews RBC credit cards in Canada and provides advice on finding a card that matches your spending habits.
Scotiabank offers a wide variety of credit cards whatever your spending habits. We've rounded up the best scotia credit cards in several categories.
The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite is an excellent Aeroplan rewards credit card. Read our TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card review for all the details.
- SquareOne Insurance Review Read our review of SqaureOne Insurance, an online insurance company that offers home and renters insurance at competitive rates.