The SimplyCash Preferred Card from American Express is an excellent cash back card. Read our Amex SimplyCash review for all the details.
If you are ready to EARN MORE, SAVE BETTER, and LIVE FREE, then you’re in the right spot!
Young and Thrifty has been named the Best Personal Finance Blog in Canada by our peers and we pride ourselves on breaking down confusing jargon into fun, bite-sized chunks. Young and Thrifty posts are basically what should have learned in high school – but didn’t! We have everything from tips on budgeting, to online banking hacks, discount brokerage reviews, and the Ultimate Guide to Canada’s Robo Advisors.
- APOLLO Insurance Review APOLLO insurance provides quick quotes and easy sign-up for business and renter's insurance. Read our review of this online insurance providor.
- Why I Added My Pets to My Will Have you thought about what will happen to your pets when you die? Read on to hear how one writer made sure her wiill covered her beloved cats.
- How Scotia Rewards Points Work and How to Get the Most out of Your Points Find out why Scotia Rewards is one of the most popular loyalty programs in Canada and learn how to maximize your Scotia Rewards points.
- What the Heck are Stonks?
- Breezeful Review
- H&R Block Review
- Should You Buy Bitcoin in Your TFSA and RRSP?
- How Women Can Grow Their Wealth (In An Unequal Society)
1Why I Cancelled Mint.com
Why I cancelled my account with Mint.com, and what I did instead.
2Buying A House in Canada: A Guide to Buying Your First Home
An essential step-by-step guide to buying a house in Canada.
3Best Personal Loan Interest Rates in Canada
Learn how easy it is to apply for personal loans in Canada, whether private loans can be a good source of fast cash, and which lenders are the best in Canada. We also break down the best personal loan interest rates in Canada and discuss secured vs. unsecured personal loans in Canada.
4A Guide to Retirement Planning in Canada
Stressed about how to save money for retiring in Canada? We've got it covered with our retirement planning tips, which includes how much to save for retirement, when to start saving, and how to save money.
5How to Start Investing in Canada
New to the world of online investing? Now sure how to choose which robo-advisor or online brokerage to use? Here’s how to start investing online in Canada. Get started with online investing even if you don’t have much money to invest.
Depth and Reach of Content
We have painstakingly created 1,000+ on all aspects of Canadian personal finance. Rather than rest on our laurels, we challenge ourselves to produce stay on top of new developments in Canada’s financial world from mortgage rates, to insurance policies, tax savings through new deductions, and investing strategies.
Our authors will always be 100% Canadian with particular expertise in areas such as TFSAs, RESPs, RRSPs, and the Canadian housing market. As well as in specific Canadian companies such as market leaders Questrade, Tangerine, and Wealthsimple.
Real, Actionable Advice
We focus on providing readers with actionable steps. Rather than simply writing “try a robo advisor”, we’ll instead provide full-product reviews on top robo advisors such as Wealthsimple, Nest Wealth, Justwealth, and ModernAdvisor. We also reveal the exact financial products that we use in areas such as online banking, discount brokerages, credit cards, and mortgage comparisons.
How does the American Express Cobalt card stand up in the court of financial expert opinion? Read our American Express Cobalt review for the scoop.
With COVID-19, you may want to modify your credit card points strategy to get save on rewards travel. Learn how to maximize credit card rewards.
Find out how to get the most out of every dollar you spend on grocery purchases with the credit card that serves your needs.
An expert looks at why balance transfer credit cards are on the decline and what the alternatives are for dealing with high interest debt.
- How to Save Money on Meal Kit Delivery Services Get the conveince of a meal kit delivery service without paying full price. Read on for some money-saving meal kit hacks.