The Refresh Financial Secured Visa is an excellent tool you can use to build up your credit. Read our Refresh credit card review for all the details.
If you are ready to EARN MORE, SAVE BETTER, and LIVE FREE, then you’re in the right spot!
Young and Thrifty has been named the Best Personal Finance Blog in Canada by our peers and we pride ourselves on breaking down confusing jargon into fun, bite-sized chunks. Young and Thrifty posts are basically what should have learned in high school – but didn’t! We have everything from tips on budgeting, to online banking hacks, discount brokerage reviews, and the Ultimate Guide to Canada’s Robo Advisors.
- Second Mortgage Basics What is a second mortgage? And how is it different from a home equity loan or line of credit? Read on to learn about taking out a second mortgage in Canada.
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need in Canada? How much life insurance do I need? Learn how to protect your loved ones in the event of your death and how to avoid overpaying for coverage you don't need.
- BMO InvestorLine Self-Directed Review Is BMO InvestorLine good? Read our comprehensive BMO InvestorLine review and decide whether it's the right online brokerage platform for you.
- BMO Mortgage Rates Overview
- The Best Prepaid Credit Cards in Canada
- The Best Costco Cards in Canada
- How to Invest in Mutual Funds
- Wealthsimple Save Review
1Wealthsimple Trade vs. Questrade
Can Wealthsimple Trade dethrone Questrade as Canada's king of low-cost, self-directed trading accounts? Find out in this Wealthsimple Trade vs. Questrade comparison.
2The Best Investment Apps for Canadians 2021
Our top picks for investment apps in Canada cover everything from best apps for trading to best apps to forecast your financial future.
3Best Personal Loan Interest Rates in Canada
Learn how easy it is to apply for personal loans in Canada, whether private loans can be a good source of fast cash, and which lenders are the best in Canada. We also break down the best personal loan interest rates in Canada and discuss secured vs. unsecured personal loans in Canada.
4Comprehensive Guide on How to Buy Stocks in Canada
Wondering how to buy stocks in Canada, but not sure how to get started? If you're new to investing, check out this beginner's guide on how to get started buying stocks in Canada, as well as get our promo codes for Questrade and Wealthsimple.
5Comprehensive Guide on How to Invest in Canada
If you're a noob investor, consider this your cheat sheet on the best way to invest money in Canada.
Depth and Reach of Content
We have painstakingly created 1,000+ on all aspects of Canadian personal finance. Rather than rest on our laurels, we challenge ourselves to produce stay on top of new developments in Canada’s financial world from mortgage rates, to insurance policies, tax savings through new deductions, and investing strategies.
Our authors will always be 100% Canadian with particular expertise in areas such as TFSAs, RESPs, RRSPs, and the Canadian housing market. As well as in specific Canadian companies such as market leaders Questrade, Tangerine, and Wealthsimple.
Real, Actionable Advice
We focus on providing readers with actionable steps. Rather than simply writing “try a robo advisor”, we’ll instead provide full-product reviews on top robo advisors such as Wealthsimple, Nest Wealth, Justwealth, and ModernAdvisor. We also reveal the exact financial products that we use in areas such as online banking, discount brokerages, credit cards, and mortgage comparisons.
The WestJet RBC Mastercard is an excellet low fee rewards travel credit card. Read our WestJet RBC Mastercard review for all the details.
The competitive HSBC Rewards program lets you collect points with your HSBC Mastercard to spend on travel, merchandise, and much more.
Take advantage of your spending as a frequent traveller with the best hotel rewards credit card in Canada for reaping rewards no matter where you stay.
With COVID-19, everyone is grounded—but you can still have fun and vacation at home. Here are 10 staycation ideas in Canada that will also save you money.
- Need a Bridge Loan? Everything You Need to Know about Bridge Financing in Canada A bridge loan covers the time between when you close on your current home and move into your new one. Read this article on bridge financing in Canada.