The WestJet RBC® World Elite Mastercard‡ is an excellent rewards credit card. Read our WestJet RBC® World Elite Mastercard‡ review for all the details.
If you are ready to EARN MORE, SAVE BETTER, and LIVE FREE, then you’re in the right spot!
Young and Thrifty has been named the Best Personal Finance Blog in Canada by our peers and we pride ourselves on breaking down confusing jargon into fun, bite-sized chunks. Young and Thrifty posts are basically what should have learned in high school – but didn’t! We have everything from tips on budgeting, to online banking hacks, discount brokerage reviews, and the Ultimate Guide to Canada’s Robo Advisors.
- Financial Literacy Basics: Investment Fees Decoded Understanding investment fees is a financial literacy basic. Learn how to read Fund Facts and investment statements and crack the code on investing fees.
- Use These Winning Credit Card Hacks to Save Money on Holiday Season Shopping Are you bracing your finances to drop thousands on holiday shopping? Here's how to make the most our of your credit card points during this spendy season.
- Got "Investing FOMO?" Here’s How to Curb Your “Fear of Missing Out” Now Don't let investing FOMO take over! If you crave getting involved in speculative investments, here's how to curb your investing "fear of missing out."
- The Smart (and Lazy) Millennial’s Approach to Investing
- Should You Invest In Real Estate Or Stocks in Canada Right Now?
- How to Use Wealthsimple Trade
- The Pros and Cons of Incorporating a Business in Canada
- Thinking of Quitting Your Job? Do These Things First
1Wealthsimple Trade vs. Questrade
Can Wealthsimple Trade dethrone Questrade as the best trading platform in Canada? Find out in this Wealthsimple Trade vs. Questrade comparison.
2The Best Investment Apps for Canadians 2021
Our top picks for investment apps in Canada cover everything from best apps for trading to best apps to forecast your financial future.
3Best Personal Loan Interest Rates in Canada
Learn how easy it is to apply for personal loans in Canada, whether private loans can be a good source of fast cash, and which lenders are the best in Canada. We also break down the best personal loan interest rates in Canada and discuss secured vs. unsecured personal loans in Canada.
4Comprehensive Guide on How to Buy Stocks in Canada
Wondering how to buy stocks in Canada, but not sure how to get started? If you're new to investing, check out this beginner's guide on how to get started buying stocks in Canada, as well as get our promo codes for Questrade and Wealthsimple.
5Comprehensive Guide on How to Invest in Canada
If you're a noob investor, consider this your cheat sheet on the best way to invest money in Canada.
Depth and Reach of Content
We have painstakingly created 1,000+ on all aspects of Canadian personal finance. Rather than rest on our laurels, we challenge ourselves to produce stay on top of new developments in Canada’s financial world from mortgage rates, to insurance policies, tax savings through new deductions, and investing strategies.
Our authors will always be 100% Canadian with particular expertise in areas such as TFSAs, RESPs, RRSPs, and the Canadian housing market. As well as in specific Canadian companies such as market leaders Questrade, Tangerine, and Wealthsimple.
Real, Actionable Advice
We focus on providing readers with actionable steps. Rather than simply writing “try a robo advisor”, we’ll instead provide full-product reviews on top robo advisors such as Wealthsimple, Nest Wealth, Justwealth, and ModernAdvisor. We also reveal the exact financial products that we use in areas such as online banking, discount brokerages, credit cards, and mortgage comparisons.
Looking for a prepaid credit card in Canada? If you're searching for a prepaid Visa card or Mastercard, here are the best prepaid cards in Canada.
Are you an avid Costco shopper? Learn about the best Costco credit cards and how to choose one that lets you reap the most rewards.
The WestJet RBC Mastercard is an excellet low fee rewards travel credit card. Read our WestJet RBC Mastercard review for all the details.
The competitive HSBC Rewards program lets you collect points with your HSBC Mastercard to spend on travel, merchandise, and much more.
- Passive Income Ideas to Grow Your Bank Account An expert shares the best passive income ideas, as well as explains why learning how to make a passive income in Canada isn't as easy as it looks.