Which credit cards with lounge access in Canada are the best? Our list breaks down the best rewards credit cards for your spending habits
If you are ready to EARN MORE, SAVE BETTER, and LIVE FREE, then you’re in the right spot!
Young and Thrifty has been named the Best Personal Finance Blog in Canada by our peers and we pride ourselves on breaking down confusing jargon into fun, bite-sized chunks. Young and Thrifty posts are basically what should have learned in high school – but didn’t! We have everything from tips on budgeting, to online banking hacks, discount brokerage reviews, and the Ultimate Guide to Canada’s Robo Advisors.
- EQ Bank Review An impressive high interest rate, no everyday banking fees, and free Interac e-transfers make the online-only EQ Bank a welcome addition to Canada’s banking landscape. Check out our EQ Bank review to see if it’s right for you.
- How Investors Can Profit During this Market Downturn Amid Coronavirus Crisis Stock markets have plummeted amid nervousness from the coronavirus. Is now the time to buy or will the market fall even further? Here’s how new investors can profit from thismarket downturn.
- The Magic of Compound Interest Compound interest is a powerful tool that can pave your way to a luxurious retirement or lead you into financial ruin. Here’s what compound interest is, an explanation of simple vs. compound interest, and instructions for using the compound interest formula and our compound interest calculator.
- Ask the Financial Experts: Our Best Financial Advice Amid the Coronavirus Crisis
- 5 Ways to Achieve Financial Independence and Retire Early
- Financial Goals: Setting Short to Long-Term Goals
- Saving vs Investing: Finding the Perfect Balance
- How to Get Out of Credit Card Debt in Canada
1Why I Cancelled Mint.com
Here is a story about why I cancelled my account with Mint.com
2Buying A House in Canada: A Guide to Buying Your First Home
Buying your first home can be a bit daunting and you may not be sure of where to start. Read our step-by-step guide about buying a house in Canada, so you can close with confidence.
3Best Personal Loan Interest Rates in Canada
Learn how easy it is to apply for personal loans in Canada, whether private loans can be a good source of fast cash, and which lenders are the best in Canada. We also break down the best personal loan interest rates in Canada and discuss secured vs. unsecured personal loans in Canada.
4A Guide to Retirement Planning in Canada
Stressed about how to save money for retiring in Canada? We've got it covered with our retirement planning tips, which includes how much to save for retirement, when to start saving, and how to save money.
5How to Start Investing in Canada
New to the world of online investing? How to choose which robo-advisor or online brokerage to use? Here’s how to start investing online in Canada. Get started with online investing even if you don’t have much money to invest.
Depth and Reach of Content
We have painstakingly created 1,000+ on all aspects of Canadian personal finance. Rather than rest on our laurels, we challenge ourselves to produce stay on top of new developments in Canada’s financial world from mortgage rates, to insurance policies, tax savings through new deductions, and investing strategies.
Our authors will always be 100% Canadian with particular expertise in areas such as TFSAs, RESPs, RRSPs, and the Canadian housing market. As well as in specific Canadian companies such as market leaders Questrade, Tangerine, and Wealthsimple.
Real, Actionable Advice
We focus on providing readers with actionable steps. Rather than simply writing “try a robo advisor”, we’ll instead provide full-product reviews on top robo advisors such as Wealthsimple, Nest Wealth, Justwealth, and ModernAdvisor. We also reveal the exact financial products that we use in areas such as online banking, discount brokerages, credit cards, and mortgage comparisons.
How do you find an American Express card in Canada that suits your needs? Start with our list of the best American Express credit cards in Canada for 2020.
One savvy strategy is to transfer your high-interest debt to a balance transfer credit card. Read on to learn how to transfer a credit card balance wisely.
Looking to get the perks of a travel rewards credit card but wary of high annual fees? We’ve got you covered with our list of the best no annual fee travel credit cards in Canada to help you make the most of your next vacation.
From cash back to travel rewards credit cards, Visa has a credit card option for everyone. Here are our top picks for the best visa credit cards in Canada for 2020.
- How to Do the 52-Week Money Challenge Right With savings trending downward, now is the best time to try the 52-week money challenge. Here’s what it is and why you need to do the 52-week money saving challenge this year.