From the value to an Air Mile point to the best ways to redeem your Air Miles, find out everything you need about Air Miles in our Air Miles points guide.
If you are ready to EARN MORE, SAVE BETTER, and LIVE FREE, then you’re in the right spot!
Young and Thrifty has been named the Best Personal Finance Blog in Canada by our peers and we pride ourselves on breaking down confusing jargon into fun, bite-sized chunks. Young and Thrifty posts are basically what should have learned in high school – but didn’t! We have everything from tips on budgeting, to online banking hacks, discount brokerage reviews, and the Ultimate Guide to Canada’s Robo Advisors.
- MBNA True Line® Mastercard® Review With no annual fee and an amazing introductory interest rate on balance transfers, the MBNA True Line Mastercard is a boon for credit-conscious consumers. Find out what makes it one of the best balance transfer credit cards in Canada in our review.
- The Best Ways to Use Your Tax Refund What is the best way to use tax refund? Our guide will show you which the most lucrative options, so you can determine how to use your tax refund wisely.
- The Best GIC Rates in Canada for 2020 Guaranteed Investment Certificates can play a role in your investment plan. This post compares the best GIC rates in Canada for 1-and-5-year terms.
- How to Transfer a Credit Card Balance Wisely
- The Best No Annual Fee Travel Credit Cards in Canada
- KOHO Review
- Scotia Momentum® Visa Infinite* Card Review
- The Best Visa Credit Cards in Canada 2020
1Why I Cancelled Mint.com
Here is a story about why I cancelled my account with Mint.com
2Buying A House in Canada: A Guide to Buying Your First Home
Buying your first home can be a bit daunting and you may not be sure of where to start. Read our step-by-step guide about buying a house in Canada, so you can close with confidence.
3Best Personal Loan Interest Rates in Canada
Learn how easy it is to apply for personal loans in Canada, whether private loans can be a good source of fast cash, and which lenders are the best in Canada. We also break down the best personal loan interest rates in Canada and discuss secured vs. unsecured personal loans in Canada.
4A Guide to Retirement Planning in Canada
Stressed about how to save money for retiring in Canada? We've got it covered with our retirement planning tips, which includes how much to save for retirement, when to start saving, and how to save money.
5How to Start Investing in Canada
New to the world of online investing? How to choose which robo-advisor or online brokerage to use? Here’s how to start investing online in Canada. Get started with online investing even if you don’t have much money to invest.
Depth and Reach of Content
We have painstakingly created 1,000+ on all aspects of Canadian personal finance. Rather than rest on our laurels, we challenge ourselves to produce stay on top of new developments in Canada’s financial world from mortgage rates, to insurance policies, tax savings through new deductions, and investing strategies.
Our authors will always be 100% Canadian with particular expertise in areas such as TFSAs, RESPs, RRSPs, and the Canadian housing market. As well as in specific Canadian companies such as market leaders Questrade, Tangerine, and Wealthsimple.
Real, Actionable Advice
We focus on providing readers with actionable steps. Rather than simply writing “try a robo advisor”, we’ll instead provide full-product reviews on top robo advisors such as Wealthsimple, Nest Wealth, Justwealth, and ModernAdvisor. We also reveal the exact financial products that we use in areas such as online banking, discount brokerages, credit cards, and mortgage comparisons.
Did you hear about the new Tangerine Mastercard? The Tangerine World Mastercard® lets you earn unlimited cash back on everyday spending. Read more in our Tangerine credit card review.
Is the American Express AeroplanPlus Gold Card really one of the best rewards credit cards? Read our AMEX Aeroplanplus Gold review before signing up.
American Express changed their SPG Credit Card in Canada. We look at the new Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card Review.
Wondering how to get the most out of Aeroplan Rewards program? If you’re an Aeroplan Miles collector, find out everything you need to know in this guide to Aeroplan points.
- RRSP Contribution Limit and How to Avoid Tax Penalties Here’s what you need to know and make sure to double-check your total RRSP contribution limit, so you aren’t stuck with a surprise tax bill.