Thinking about buying a home in Canada? We’ve got you covered.
You just want a place to call your own. You don’t need a huge mortgage contract with a bunch of legal jargon thrown in, you just want to bring your cheque, get your loan, and move in. But that mountain of paperwork and fees looks intimidating. The only people that “want to help” also want to reach into your bank account every time you ask a question or send an email. If only there was someone out there who had been through the chaos of buying their first home and wasn’t trying to sell you anything…
When we purchased our houses we had all kinds of questions. We’ve made it our mission to try and collect all the answers to their questions in one place. Read on for more information in regards to frequently asked questions such as:
- Should I buy or rent? (I heard buying is always better – is that true?)
- What exactly is a down payment and how much do I need?
- How much should I spend on a house anyway?
- What does a Realtor do? How about a home inspector? Can I do any of that stuff myself to cut down on costs?
- What documents do I need to become familiar with to actually complete a purchase of a house? Is it like buying a car?
- How does the negotiating process happen? I don’t want to get taken advantage of.
- People assume I know what terms like amortization, variable rates, and prepayment terms are. So what are they?! Why didn’t they teach me this stuff in school?!!
We can help!
We’ll help you figure the perfect mortgage agreement for your specific situation, and give you a few rules of thumb to help guide you through a jungle full of real estate predators. Make sure that you don’t get taken advantage of, don’t spend more than you have to, and assess which help you need – or who you can do without. Make sure that you don’t get taken advantage of, don’t spend more than you have to, and assess which help you need – or who you can do without. This is a book written by Canadians, for the Canadian market eh!
- So You Think You Want to Buy a House?
- The Nuts and Bolts of House Buying
- What Can You Afford?
- Closing Costs – Surprise!
- Executing Your Game Plan
- Building Your Dream Team
- Saving Up Your Down Payment
- Investing Your Way Into Your First Home
- Finding Your Dream House
Free Instant Access To
"Getting Your Foot In the Door"